[support] FCKEditor and redirecting URLs

Emma Badger emma.badger at chocolateteapot.net
Wed Sep 2 14:12:40 UTC 2009

My Drupal installation is in a subfolder and I want to display URLs as www.example.com
  not www.example.com/drupal.

I've achieved this with a .htaccess at the site root
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?example.com$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/drupal/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /drupal/$1
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?example.com$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ drupal/index.php [L]
which redirects calls to example.com to example.com/drupal and
changing the base URL in settings.php which causes Drupal to write the
urls as example.com rather than example.com/drupal.

Something really weird is happening with the FCKEditor.  If I try to
edit some content the FCKEditor is showing the HTML that appears
within the <body> tags of the index.php at the site root level (where
a Wordpress installation lives).

If I turn the FCKEditor module off the text area fields are displaying
the correct info in edit mode.

If I delete the htaccess and leave the base url set to http://www.example.com
  (rather than http://www.example.com) the FCKEditor displays the
correct information in edit mode.

I can't see anywhere in the FCKEditor where the base url is set.

Can anyone help?

Thanks