[support] What module to compare 2 node?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Tue Sep 15 12:37:20 UTC 2009

Pipit,

For out of the box, you can see if the smackdown module will work for you:
http://drupal.org/project/smackdown

I created functionality that sounds like what you want for a D5 site with
coding help from Jody Hamilton. The client barely used the functioanlity,
unfortunately. If you create an account on the site I think you can still
see it in action:

http://jpsinteractive.org/visual_midrash_compare/panim

It used views_ bulk_operations to present a bunch of image fields from nodes
(1 image/node) that the user could compare.  The user selected check boxes
(any number of checkboxes worked) for the images you wanted to compare and
then clicked, "Compare the content." That would take you to a node/add form
for a content-type we called, "Comparison" which was pre-popluated with node
references to the images checked off via views_bulk_operations.

That node-type had a regular body field where the person initially choosing
the images for comparison could write whatever they wanted. And the
node-type had comments turned on so people could comment further. And anyone
could start up their own comparison by selecting the images from the gallery
to compare. It was very, very cool.

I'd say that views_bulk_operations and the cck node reference together with
imagefield/imagecache did the heaviest lifting. But there was definitely a
custom module that took info from views_bulk-operations in order to generate
a form-altered node/add/comparison form whose node reference field was
pre-populated with the data passed by views_bulk_operations.

Shai