[support] Drupal IIS (error 404) / Drupal Apache works

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:18:47 UTC 2009

Hi people,

I have an interesting situation.  I have my web root directory
in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\root

I have set up IIS on port 80 and Apache on Port:8999 and they both access
the same web root ( both servers access the same web pages ).

My Drupal-6.12 site is D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\root\nestor\scroller612\
I can access hte main page on both port 80 and port 8999
http://milhouse2/nestor/scroller612/
http://milhouse2:8999/nestor/scroller612/

Here is the problem, NONE of my links work past the main page on IIS
but they work on Apache.

What am I missing in IIS that makes my drupal site not work
except for the main page?

Example Apache port 8999 works:
http://milhouse2:8999/nestor/scroller612/as_dept/is/is_home

IIS port 80 does not work, gives error 404:
http://milhouse2/nestor/scroller612/as_dept/is/is_home

My phpinfo.php page shows mysql and php as:
PHP Version 5.2.9-2
MySQL Client API version        5.0.51a
Windows 2003
Drupal-6.12