[support] Drupal IIS (error 404) / Drupal Apache works

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Tue Sep 15 15:27:05 UTC 2009

The primary reason is related to "clean urls".  It looks like your pages don't work with clean urls in IIS.

More info can be found in the advanced install directory.  If you disable clean URLS, your site might work, but hte urls will not look as nice.   Use the IIS path to disable clean URLs and run the test again to see if their supported on your installation.

More info on Clean URL's and IIS can be found at:

http://drupal.org/node/3854

Dave