[support] Polls and Blocks question

Trevor Twining trevortwining at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:34:19 UTC 2009

I think you might want to take a look at the node.tpl.php file within
the theme folder and look for php variables that resemble what you see
below (it might not be exact):

<?php print $sticky?>

it might be in the node classes for that node type, or deeper in the
structure. If you have trouble finding it, I can take a deeper look
later tonight and grab you a line number within that file.

Cheers!

TT

On 21-Sep-09, at 2:41 PM, LESLIE FRIESEN wrote:

> Thanks so much for your help. I did get the poll to display in the
> block, cool.
>
> As far as the "sticky" icon...if I uncheck that, then that node will
> no longer display at the top of my page, where it needs to be. I
> just want it to not also show the icon! I'm using Giordani and have
> gone through all the settings that I can find, with no luck....
>
> Leslie

> >, Trevor Twining <trevortwining at gmail.com> wrote:
> Leslie,
>
> I think the easiest way to do that is to use the views module to
> create a block display with the node (poll) you want to show.
>
> To remove the sticky icon, uncheck the 'sticky at top of lists'
> checkbox on the poll edit screen.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Trevor Twining
> trevor at civicactions.com
> CivicActions: hook_world_alter()
>
> On 21-Sep-09, at 2:02 PM, LESLIE FRIESEN wrote:
>
>> Good morning, everyone,
>>
>> Is there a way to place a poll inside of a block? Also, is there a
>> way to get rid of the little red "Sticky" icon?
>>
>> Thanks so much,
>>
>> Leslie
>>
>> Leslie Friesen
>> Polk County Information Systems