[support] Creating a node and taxonomy term in one action

Clarke Robin Robin.Clarke at networkrail.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 14:41:36 UTC 2009

I would be grateful if someone can let me know of a way to solve a
problem I am facing.

I manage a local sporting team's website. The site has what most
team/club sites would have:

- A list of up coming events (e.g. "Regional Finals 2009", "End of
season party", etc).
- Image gallery
- News section

The list of upcoming events is a simple view of a custom Content Type
("event"). (Fields are name, date, description.)
The image gallery is a view of another CCK type, with imagefield.
The news section is a view of another CCK type ("news").

So far nothing very complicated.

I would like to be able to assign taxonomy to images and news so that
items can be tagged to the event that the photo was taken at (or news
story was written about). This is easy to do - just create a vocabulary
and add new terms to it every time there is a new event.

But the problem I face is that when a new event is scheduled, the user
who adds the event to the site, will have to do two things:
- Create the event node.
- Add a new term to the event vocabulary.

And the problem is that my users will forget to this second step. So
uploaded images will never be taged to the event. Is there a way that I
can create a new node *and* add the new taxonomy term in one process
flow? And can the two be managed (so that if the event title is
corrected, the term should be corrected as well.)

Thanks

robin

The content of this email (and any attachment) is confidential. It may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

This email should not be used by anyone who is not an original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed to anyone who is not an original intended recipient.

If you have received this email by mistake please notify us by emailing the sender, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.

Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly the senders own and not made on behalf of Network Rail.

Network Rail Infrastructure Limited registered in England and Wales No. 2904587, registered office Kings Place, 90 York Way London N1 9AG