[support] Adding a field to my View deletes all fields in the view.

Steven Scotten steves at splicer.com
Thu Sep 24 00:27:15 UTC 2009

Looking at the views_display table, I see that my default display
before I add the 79th field is a BLOB of 65,328 bytes. After I add the
79th field the blob is 65,535, which is a number many of you will find
significant.

The thing is, I'm not sure where this 64K limit is. It doesn't appear
to be in the BLOB field—the limit there should be in the gigabytes,
not the kilobytes.

I'm starting to get that creeping suspicion that I should be filing
this as a bug, but I've had that feeling before and have been wrong.

Thoughts?