[support] Why are people NOT linking to the sites they ask for help to?

shellmultimedia shellmultimedia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:11:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Tine Müller <tinem at email.dk> wrote:

> I have been in this forum for about 5 month's and still think about myself
> as a newbie because there are so much to learn and understand but I love
> Drupal as you do.
>
> BUT I don't understand why people don't link to their sites when they ask
> for help? It would really be a help for us newbies to see this sites and the
> problem they are struggling with for learning.
>
> Why don't YOU link to YOUR site?

Many people develop their sites offline and so can't link to them. I run
into that a lot in my issue queues when people have CSS problems and I ask
for a link to their site so I can use firebug on it. Others are under NDA or
have similar reasons why they aren't allowed to show the site in progress.

Michelle