[support] How to embed video in a story?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu Sep 24 21:29:05 UTC 2009

AM,

Click on "Disable rich text" before adding embed code. Then save. If you
don't see "Disable rich text" you might have to turn that on in the TinyMCE
settings.

Note: if you have "rich text" set as the default and you go into edit that
node later, after you have gotten it to work, it's possible that simply
editing the node again and saving it -- even if you didn't touch the embed
code-- will mess up the embed code. If you are going to have a lot of videos
you should have rich text disabled by default and turn it on for nodes that
won't have the embeded code. Note also, it is possible that you could
configure TinyMCE to play more nicely with this, but there are so many
moving parts and settings going on with it and my own success so poor with
rich text editors, that I couldn't begin to advise you on how to make them
get along.

If you were using the Embedded Media Field Module (
http://drupal.org/project/emfield) then there will be no interaction between
TinyMCE and your embed code and so you would avoid this whole problem. You
need to install CCK of course to get the Embedded Media Field module to
work.

Shai