[support] Installing via Ubuntu apt-get

Christopher Gray chris at bayareadigital.us
Mon Apr 26 06:19:29 UTC 2010

Hi:

I installed Drupal with the Ubuntu command:

     apt-get install drupal6

In reviewing Drupal documentation about setting up files, modules, and so
forth, many things don't seem to be the same in the Ubuntu installation.
For example, the files are not as suggested in /usr/share/drupal6/sites.
Does anybody know of a good source of documentation on what the Ubuntu
installation does, where it puts things, and what we need to do as
administrators and designers in getting started?

Many thanks.

Chris

Christopher Gray, President
Bay Area Digital

Promoting good health with great technology

870 Market Street, #653
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone:  (415) 217-6667
fax:    (415) 962-2520