[support] node titles - move "the", numbers to the end

Domenic Santangelo domenics at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:51:28 UTC 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 8:23 AM, Benjamin Jacob wrote:

> This is pretty common in different listings, e.g. book listing, video/movie listing, etc.
> e.g. The Final Frontier = Final Frontier, The
> 24 Chowringee Lane = Chowringee lane, 24
> etc.

The common pattern is to move articles (A/An/The) to the end, and to decide what to do with numbers separately -- some places just have a "#" section, others alphabetize the title as if the number were spelled out (twenty-four). In your example, "24" is a useful part of the title and not just a formality required by the syntax of the language; I wouldn't move those numbers to the end. Also, what about movies that spell out their numbers? Would you list them as, for example, "Element, The Fifth"? "Days Seven Nights, Six"? You're getting into some complicated territory here :)

As far as doing what you want to do, I think auto nodetitle will work fine. It has the option to generate the title with custom php if you want; that should be more than enough.

HTH,
-D