[support] blank screen

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Tue Aug 10 08:16:28 UTC 2010

Le lundi 09 août 2010 à 15:14 -0300, Luc a écrit :
> Good afternoon list,
>
> When trying to open my project i get a blank screen in my browser
> without any error.
>
> The error log file shows the following:
>
> PHP  Fatal  error:  Allowed  memory  size  of 33554432 bytes exhausted
> (tried        to        allocate        524375        bytes)        in
> /projects/drupal/includes/menu.inc on line 966
>
> Now if i understand it correctly i should bump up the php memory limit
> but shouldn't i at least get a php warning?
>
> I also have the following errors in the log:
>
> PHP  Fatal  error:  Call  to  undefined  function  ctools_static()  in
> /projects/drupal/sites/all/modules/ecommerce/ec_product/ec_product.module
> on line 282
>
> PHP  Fatal  error:  Call  to  undefined  function  ctools_static()  in
> /projects/drupal/sites/all/modules/ecommerce/ec_product/ec_product.module
> on line 282
>
> PHP  Fatal  error:  Call  to  undefined  function  ctools_static()  in
> /projects/drupal/sites/all/modules/ecommerce/ec_product/ec_product.module
> on line 282
>

> PHP    Warning:   Unterminated   comment   starting   line   1072   in
> /projects/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1072
>
> PHP  Fatal  error:  fatal  flex  scanner internal error--end of buffer
> missed in /projects/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 1072
>
> PHP    Parse    error:    syntax    error,    unexpected    $end    in
> /projects/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 173
>
> PHP    Parse    error:    syntax    error,    unexpected    $end    in
> /projects/drupal/includes/theme.inc on line 321
>
> The error pointing to ecommece i strange because it's not uploaded...
>
> Anybody has a clue as to what is going on?
>
> FWIW, i tried the ?q=user method to log in but that also didn't work

The last errors (the function defined twice or function not found) can
happen when you are using an OPCode cache which is severly bugging
because you changed too many files and it failed to track it.

Sometimes, restarting your HTTPd can solve this kind of problems.

For the lastest of these, the unexpected $end, maybe you modified some
files and missed a closing bracket somewhere.

It can be anything, environment or PHP related, ensure you are using
stable modules, and cut off all custom code to ensure this problem is
not bad code you wrote or use.

Pierre.