[support] Calendar and Multi-Word Taxonomy Term Arguments

Steve Edwards killshot91 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 20:13:29 UTC 2010

This is an issue that I've wrestled with multiple times, and I'm hoping I can get a final answer here.  The use case is where I have a taxonomy with multi-word terms, and I need to use those terms as arguments for a view.  My particular use case is  for a calendar, where I want to have a calendar display that displays Event nodes (a CCK type, not the Event module) that have a certain term from the Event Type vocabulary.  So let's say that I have a term called "My Event".  For my URL, I would want something like mysite.com/calendar/my-event.  If I create a Taxonomy: Term argument, it will work fine with mysite.com/calendar/My Event.  However, if I use the "Transform spaces to dashes in URL" setting, it does what I need, but then the argument doesn't match the term name, so nothing is returned.

Do I just need to add some argument handling code to convert dashes to spaces?  Or is there a better way with existing functionality that will help me do what I need?

Thanks.

Steve