[support] Hiding a site, best practice?

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Thu Aug 26 20:02:15 UTC 2010

Drupal 6.16 (at this moment)
Longtime Drupal user but not much of a PHP coder.

Since I am temporary leaving the college I have taught, I need to close the student portal site but I want the site to be still accessible to them.  In short, I need to hide this site from the public.

What I need is the home page to be showing only the login block and a short sentence or even placing iFrame from my other sites.  Once student logs in, they get the same website they are used to but its HOME needs not to be the public home page but their old homepage instead.

Any suggestion on how to proceed, other than making everything private one by one, would be appreciated.

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com