[support] How to run a script when a node is added for a custom module

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Fri Aug 27 00:43:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

the best approach is to use hook_nodeapi() http://api.drupalecommerce.org/api/function/hook_nodeapi/6 to trigger the update, and the you can exec() the script or even use the ssh2 extension to communicate directly with the other server. Or you could write a script that will monitor a directory and do something like the cdn module to move transfer the file.

Gordon.