[support] Gmaps help

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Sat Aug 28 05:08:34 UTC 2010

Hi, all!  Thank you for your support on my previous email.

I'm trying to understand how to use the Gmaps module.  I really don't
understand anything, so it wouldn't be effective for me to waste everyone's
time on the list.  What I would really appreciate is if you could point out
some good current HOW TO guides.  I have been looking around, but everything
seems rather old. (drupal 5, often!)

This is what I want to do:

I have a list of places I have been and places I want to go to.  I have
their addresses and names.  Places I have been I have multiple pictures of.
Places I haven't, I have varying degrees of information.

I'd like one big map that shows markers for all places.  There should be one
color for places I have been, one color for places I haven't.  You should be
able to go from the marker to a page for that place.  That place specific
page should show a close up map, all the pictures, and any other information
I have.

I would prefer for that page to be one node, though I have seen things done
with views.  It would be great that if I created a new node of that type, a
new marker showed up on the big map.

Thank you for your help!

Anisa.

--