[support] ASCII encoding email addresses

Walt Daniels wdlists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:55:32 UTC 2010

I suspect that the spammers just extract whatever follows the keyword
mailto: and use that as the email address. If it works for you it will work
for them. You need stronger protection than that. That is why javascript
obsuration works, because the string mailto: does not occur in the source of
the page unless they use a javascript interpreter which I have never heard
happening.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:43 PM, LESLIE FRIESEN <FRIESEN.LESLIE at co.polk.or.us