[support] forum issue in drupal 7

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 3 20:11:19 UTC 2010

Ursula:
FYI, I tried Drupal 7 (also as a new user) and found it not ready for
newbies to use. Many of the themes and modules have not been updated
yet, and there is only one book yet, and the platform is still
changing. The online docs were useful, but left gaps that caused me to
waste a lot of time. So, I went with version 6 and figured to upgrade
when 7 was formally released. It's hard enough getting to know Drupal
without dealing with bugs too.

The best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthednet.org/

On Dec 3, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Ursula Pieper wrote:

> Carl,
>
> Thanks, I will do that next time (yes, a screenshot would have been
> much more meaningful).
> The views module got updated today. After I installed the update, the
> problem went away.
>
> Ursula
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Carl Wiedemann <carl.wiedemann at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> I don't know the answer to your question, but it is difficult to
>> determine
>> what you are asking. To facilitate the most useful help, please
>> use http://pastebin.com/ for pasting code and http://imagebin.org/
>> or Skitch
>> for posting screenshots. Also turn off devel_themer module so that
>> your
>> markup is clean -- it creates all of those span tags.
>> That documentation page you linked is from August of this year. It
>> could be
>> stale information.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Ursula Pieper
>> <dramamezzo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am relatively new to drupal, and this is the first time I am
>>> trying
>>> to setup a forum.
>>> I am using the drupal 7 release from Dec 1st, and I followed the
>>> forum
>>> setup documentation (http://drupal.org/node/796472).
>>>
>>> My issue is:
>>>
>>> In the list of forum topics, the topic list is not displayed
>>> properly.
>>> This is how it looks like:

>>> thmr=&quot;thmr_32&quot;&gt;&lt;a
>>> href=&quot;/druptest/testtopic&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;span
>>> thmr=&amp;quot;thmr_7&amp;quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;a
>>>
>>> href=&amp;quot;/druptest/
>>> testtopic&amp;quot;&amp;gt;testtopic&amp;lt;/a&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/
>>> span&amp;gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/span&gt;</a></span>
>>> By ursula 40 years 11 months ago
>>>        0       n/a
>>> Normal topic

>>> thmr=&quot;thmr_40&quot;&gt;&lt;a
>>> href=&quot;/druptest/new-topic&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;span
>>> thmr=&amp;quot;thmr_15&amp;quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;a