[support] Creating views blocks with set arguments (plain text)

Andrew Fowlston Andrew at pedalo.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 19:03:47 UTC 2010

(Sorry, forgot to switch to plain text for last message.)

Hi all,

First off, I'm not asking how to pass an argument to a block :) well not exactly...

I have a view that takes a term ID as an argument and has a block display. I'd like to choose to have block_view/3 display in one region on the frontpage, and block_view/7 in a different region on a different page, etc. I know quicktabs lets you 'embed' a view with an argument in this way, and I'm sure I could do it with panels as well. But they're both a bit heavy for what I'm after. And creating a separate block display within Views for each potential argument is horrible. I'm happy to create the solution myself, but just wondered if one didn't already exist.

So the basic question: is there a module that lets you create a block that stores a reference to a block display of a view and an argument?

TIA,

Andy
Andy Fowlston
+44 (0)20 8747 5068
andrew at pedalo.co.uk
Skype: andy.pedalo
www.pedalo.co.uk

This email is intended only for the above named addressee/s. This email may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named addressee, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the email or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to this message and delete it from your system. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this email.

pedalo limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments and recommends that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and not necessarily those of Pedalo Limited