[support] Very Strange Security Breach

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Fri Dec 17 07:20:48 UTC 2010

A couple shots in the dark here -

* What roles have "administer comments" rights?
* Are there any VBO-based comments administration views on the site?
* How secure is the site's database? Is root access still available? If
so, is the password secure?
* Is phpMyAdmin installed on the site? That can be a weak spot.
* Do the Apache logs from the time of the breach show anything odd/curious ?

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, I'd strongly recommend
creating a superuser role and retiring your UID1 account for everything
but upgrades/updates.

Cheers,

Bill