[support] Very Strange Security Breach

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 17 20:10:35 UTC 2010

Fixed! The /tmp dir is not the one I thought it was. It's at the root
directory of the entire web site. Doh...., the file paths it gave me
were the absolute paths relative to server root, not the /tmp that was
in my /home/public_html/.... etc directory. It now works, but I truly
didn't change it. The security module may have done something.

I'm wondering if it's secure to have the /tmp dir writeable for
everyone. Drupal gives me the error unless it is. Or, perhaps I need
to figure out the group that mysql is part of. The only groups I have
are: root bin daemon sys adm disk wheel

Regards,
Bill

William A. Prothero