[support] Restrict URLs

Rolf Kutz rk at vzsze.de
Wed Dec 29 00:46:45 UTC 2010

Hi Ayath,

On 28/12/10 23:36 +0000, Ayath ULLAH wrote:

>Is there a way to restrict certain user roles from viewing certain urls within my drupal site.
>I need my clients to see reports but not see seller reports. i have disabled it from the nav menu but they can just type it into the address bar and see the reorts.

You can create different content types for reports
and seller reports and adjust their permissions
accordingly. This would work without additional
modules.

>Any chance of a module to help me out.

You could also use a module like content access
and assign rights on a node by node basis.

http://drupal.org/project/content_access

If you need to protect files from beeing
downloaded, you need to set "privat download path"
in the file-system settings and work from there.

regards
Rolf

--
... And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither
safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one's