[support] Query form for users

Pau vim.unix at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 30 22:19:29 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I want to set up a drupal site with a query form for users to
introduce text in different fields or pick up options from a menu
which will correspond to different columns in a mysql database.

I have seen that, for instance, this site is doing something very similar

http://ipl.uv.es/?q=publications/articles

And I think they are using "views".

Nevertheless, I must admit I have not the slightest idea of how to
create this search form. There must be a clear documentation somewhere
because the internet is crowded with search forms and query sites.
Still, since my mother tongue is not English, I seem not to be able to
find the correct keyword to google for. Is there a "howto" guide for
this somewhere? If not, how should I focus this?

Thanks in advance,

Pau