[support] how cache works: on the fly content creation (not node) and caching

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Fri Jan 1 18:28:30 UTC 2010

Le vendredi 01 janvier 2010 à 18:54 +0100, Jean-Michel Pouré a écrit :
> > Before just building my cache tables and build up my own cache
> > system on top of cache API, is there an alternative approach?

Of course, before that you may test your Drupal installation on a recent
dedicated server, with 8Gb RAM and an SSD disk. You can rent this kind
of server for 70€/month in France or build your own and host it for 40
€/month in Germany. If developing websites is your daily work, you
should consider using a dedicated host.

I monitor my websites and have statistics about queries execution time
and memory. Very rarely pages are server with higher times than 0.2
seconds. I compared to shared hosting and the same site executed in 6
seconds / page.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel