[support] tracking module suggestions

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Jan 4 21:49:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:16:58 +0000
Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>
> > But it seems it doesn't suit:
> > - I'd like to use it for affiliates
> > - I'd like to use it to track advertisement campaign and offer an
> >   interface to build them
> > - I'd like to avoid js
> >
> > Any other module that could fit or just be an inspiration?
> >

> http://drupal.org/project/gotwo

thanks... nice idea but if used heavily will cause too many redirect.

I've built a module that seems to work.
I use hook_init to share a unique identifier across all modules.
hook_exit saves hits and the unique identifier according to certain
conditions.
Other modules can call a function defined in this module to relate
events to unique id and optionally with other sub-modules have a
chance to collect other details, so that collection of details
become "optional".

Then there is a hook_cron that clean up registered hits if they
didn't end up in anything "interesting".

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it