[support] change domain address after install

Gottwig, Jeremy M. (GSFC-272.0)[ZIMMERMAN & ASSOC.] jeremy.m.gottwig at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 13 15:08:26 UTC 2010

Well, the easiest thing to do would probably be to just change your htroot in your /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file (might be called apache.conf... I don't remember how Ubuntu handles it.)  However, if you're planning on hosting more sites on your web server, you might not want to do this.

Definitely sounds like an Apache and not a Drupal problem to me though.

From: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] On Behalf Of Benj Fredrick
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:58 AM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: Re: [support] change domain address after install

Sounds to me like an apache config issue, not a drupal issue - though you might check your settings.php file to make sure

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:25 AM, xamprod <xamprod at gmail.com<mailto:xamprod at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello,
Kind of a basic one, but cannot seem to find the answer. I installed drupal 6 via the command line on an Ubuntu vps and the site address is "www.example.com/drupal6<http://www.example.com/drupal6>". I am trying to get it to point directly to "www.example.com<http://www.example.com>".

Any suggestions, should I have installed this manually instead of using apt-get install?

Thanks