[support] disable edit of submitted nodes/content

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 06:43:26 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 1/14/10, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com> wrote:

> From: Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com>
> Subject: Re: [support] disable edit of submitted nodes/content
> To: support at drupal.org
> Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 6:40 AM
> On 01/14/2010 11:14 AM, Benjamin
> Jacob wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Drupal 6.
> > I have created a few custom CCK content types.
> >
> > I am trying to have a system where authenticated users
> can submit content/ideas.
> >
> > These ideas should be somehow assigned to a few
> moderators. Initial investigations tell me that there are
> some modules (modr8 and similar stuff).
> > I haven't tried these yet.
> >
> > To start with I want the admin to be able to freeze/
> totally disable the edit tab/ disable individual cck fields
> in the cck contenty type for each content node created by
> the user.
> >
> > How can this be achieved?
> >
> > I have tried Rules and Content access but couldn't
> really work around them.
> > Are these the correct things to look at?
> >
> > All help appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> > - Ben
> >

> Can you please explain your problem in a little more detail
> ?
>
> The content submitted should be approved by moderator an
> only then
> published ?
>
> --
> Nilesh Govindarajan
> Site & Server Adminstrator
> www.itech7.com

Yes. That's one.

Ok let me elucidate.

1. Authorized User submits content (of CCK myContentType )  containing n number of CCK fields.
2. This submit of content is informed to the mdoerator.
3. The content is moved to "Being Looked into" state.
3.a This content should be visible to the user and all authorized (or logged in users) but NOT anonymous users.
3.b Only the creator of the content is able to edit the content. Rest all authorized users just view it. (This is simple through the permissions section)
3. Moderator checks the content, edits it and and moves it to either "Rejected" or "Approved" state.
4. From now on, the user cannot edit his submitted content. He can just view the content.
5. If "Approved", the content should be "view"able to any type of user (i.e. open to general public/ the internet)
6. "Rejected" content to be stored away into vaults (visible only to authorized/logged in users).

Hows this achieved?

Regards
- Ben