[support] Bizarre behavior with uploaded PDF files

Bob Smither Smither at C-C-I.com
Fri Jan 22 04:44:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 14:45 +1100, Peter Horn wrote:

<snip>

> Hi,
> I don't know what causes it, but I can tell you what's happening, thanks
> to that wondeful Firefox addon 'httpfox'.
> It's all in the content-type response header, as follows:
> January: application/pdf
> December: binary/octet-stream
> November: unknown/unknown
>
> As a guess, I'd say that the "what kind of file" decision was made at
> the time it was uploaded to Drupal, and has "stuck" with the file ever
> since. The data is good in all cases, which is why you can open it
> locally, and the downloaded December is readable.

Many thanks Peter!  Still a mystery as to how the headers got scrambled,
but this at least tells me to try removing the offending files and

Best regards,
--
Bob Smither <Smither at C-C-I.com>