[support] FILE SYSTEM: PRIVATE vs PUBLIC

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:03:38 UTC 2010

Ok I am confused about PRIVATE and PUBLIC set for the FILE SYSTEM

I am taking a site and copying it to the same root area with a different
name so I ended up
with drupal 1 and drupal2.  I also created a different temp directories,
just to be safe.
Drupal1 is the original and the FILE SYSTEM is set up to PUBLIC and
everything works.

On drupal2, If the FILE SYSTEM is set to PUBLIC then my ddblock module will
not display pictures
and I get an error message  "The selected file 'D:\temp\filAB2.tmp could not
be copied."

But if I set drupal2 FILE SYSTEM to PRIVATE then everything works.

Can some help understand why I can not set both the original and the copied
site exactly the same?

Thanks,

Nestor