[support] module to let user chose if they want to stay "anonymous"/hidden

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Jul 9 11:39:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

I decided to take a different approach to hiding content (module to
let user chose if a node is private). I'd rather hide users so I
won't waste UGC.

I've stumbled on:

http://insready.com/node/54
and
http://drupal.org/project/profile_privacy

But I'd like to go further: I'd like to completely hide user
existence.

I recall just one place where a user name appear in drupal stock:
Posted xxxx by yyyy

yyyy is obtained by theme('username'

but of course there could be hundred places where other modules
avoid to pass through theme().

That's OK... I could submit patches to every module I find that skip
theme(). Is there any other place where I could intercept this
information?

Still overriding theme_username is something that put this
functionality in the theme rather than in a module. Is there any
better approach?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it