[support] How can I reset "who is online: guests" counter?

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Mon Jul 12 21:25:17 UTC 2010

The "sessions" table holds who is currently logged on, and this table is
queried during by the User module to generate that block.  You can clear
that table and it should reset your counters to zero.  Note that doing this
will log everyone out who is logged in at the moment you clear the database
and those users would have to re-log in, but otherwise should do no harm.

You may want to look at the sessions expiration settings in the settings.php
file, but for 6 hangers-on it's likely not a big problem.

Brian

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Jarry <mr.jarry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I check my web-site frequently and noticed there are *always*
> at least 6 guests in "who is online". It is strange, because
> I have been observing it for about month, and it never drops
> below this value. I do not believe there are really at least
> 6 guests all the time. But number of users is counted correctly.
>
> I think the guest-counter got somehow screwed up, so how can
> I reset it?
>
> Jarry
> Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.

Brian Choc
Technology Director

Teaming for Technology Colorado
2505 18th St. Denver, CO 80211