[support] Complicated needs with Views need help

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Thu Jul 15 07:36:20 UTC 2010

Drupal 616
I have a pretty complicated needs to solve, and scratching my head for a week.  I have been using Drupal for quite sometime, but don't have much dev/PHP skills.

Being a band leader, I must have my registered members: musicians to download music before next show, I had a private node with static HTML table where PDFs, sound clips and video clips are available.  Since I constantly recompose music, the version control has been pain in a neck so I created a new node type.  Note that all the media files are stored at my Mac.com server outside of Drupal for better performance.

This new node type has fields for
PDF music files
Audio group
Node reference to local audio sample nodes
Link field to remote MP3 files
Video group
Node reference to local video sample nodes
Link field to remote FLV and m4v files
Embedded field to YouTube

The taxonomy is also somewhat complexed
Style vocabulary terms
many different styles such as jazz, blues, afõxe, bião, etc..
Tempo vocabulary terms
very fast, slow, etc..
Difficulty vocabulary terms
difficulty levels in detail, i.e., notes reading, etc

Unlike static HTML table I used to have, the flexibility of sorting by exposed filters and version control are superb as expected, but field management became nightmare.  I need to keep in table-View so my musicians can get needed info without going into each nodes.

First of all, the table width is now ridiculous.  There are 2 field holders for audio where the actual entry is only 1 or less, and there are 3 fields holders for video where the actual entry is, again, only 1 or less.

I need to subgroup by selected, but not all of styles tems.  For example, I need to separate one style, Christmas as a independent table on the same page.  Is it possible?

I want the link to the external files such as MP3, FLV, and YouTube to be a Thickbox/Colorbox from the Table View so my musicians don't need to leave this page.  Right now, MP3 link opens another browser window (which isn't that bad but embedded FLV player would be much better), and YouTube link leaves my site, which is bad.  I hear FileField with JQuery Media should work with Thickbox/Colorbox, but my problem is that they won't work with external files.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com