[support] user_autocomplete and privacy

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Jul 21 13:04:29 UTC 2010

Note that there are also username auto-complete callbacks that provide
lists of usernames. You should hook_menu_alter those if you haven't
already to use the "access user profiles" permission (or something
similar).

This is not really changed in Drupal 7 and it's probably too late to change it.

For Drupal 8 I started this issue http://drupal.org/node/849602

Regards,
Greg

--