[support] Configuring blocks to show on different pages depending on theme

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Fri Jul 23 22:17:18 UTC 2010

I've read through this:
http://drupal.org/getting-started/6/admin/build/block.  And I've done some
searching, but I'm still confused, so I'll ask.

When you configure a block (ie, you go into that block's specific
configuration menu), is that per block, or is it per block, per theme.  I
thought it should be per block, per theme, but it seems to be per block.

I was having some problems with sidebars in my default theme.  I've posted
an issue on it, but in the mean time, since the site is just a blog, I took
the sidebars off the main site.  I still needed them, though, for
administration purposes.  (I have the admin menu module, but sometimes it's
nice to have the navigation block).

However, I can't get the block configuration settings to be one theme only.
If I changed it under A theme, then it was changed under B theme.  I can
change placement on the page by theme, but not whether it shows on the page
at all.  I realized a workaround when I remembered I could just set that the
block only shows on admin pages, and set an admin theme, so that works for
me.

Is that how it works, or am I missing something?

Anisa.