[support] Installation help

Greg Volger gvolger at san.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 00:15:41 UTC 2010

I'm trying to install Drupal for the first time on our school
computer for the school's new web page.  The installation finds the
database but then doesn't like the security settings.  It gives the
following error:

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your mySQL server version for the right syntax to
use near ') ORDER BY fir DESC LIMIT 0, 1' at line 1 query: SELECT *
FROM menu_roster WHERE path IN () ORDER BY fit DESC LIMIT 0, 1 in
E:\html\includes\menu.inc on line 315.

The message is repeated a second time as well in the error box.

I'm running:
Windows 2003 Server
IIS V6.0
PHP 5.3.2
MySQL 5.1.49
Trying to install Drupal 6.17 using IE 8

The only thing I found in the forums was to set $cookie_domain (in
settings.php) to the domain of the site, which I did to no avail.

Please help!!
Greg
--
Greg Volger