[support] New User Registration to Webform Field

Kyle Smeby kyle at clngraphics.com
Mon Mar 1 07:26:21 UTC 2010

I've got a website where people can sign up for a newsletter mailing
list two different ways.  I used Webform Module for the first method
because we were already using it elsewhere on the site and because the
client wants the email address collected in the database with a Drupal
interface that lets them download them as an Excel file and clear it
periodically.

The second way is upon registration there is a checkbox that signs
them up.  I've also got the Rules module installed so I'm trying to
use that to write to the database where Webform is storing the data
gathered by the first method.  Which has proven to be a little more
difficult than I'd anticipated.

So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better way to do this
(collect email addresses upon registration that stores them in a table
that administrators can view download and delete).  Using other
modules or some PHP code.

thanks,

kyle