[support] Panels or block ?

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Tue Mar 2 08:24:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

Panels does require more to run that blocks, so you would not want to use it on a site like d.o, however has a lot more fine grained caching built in, than blocks.

Panels is a lot more powerful than blocks and for your average size sites this 12% is really insignificant.

I use panels when I can, and it generally means I don't need to keep going back to a site as my client can modify the page without too much of my help.

Gordon.