[support] View or no view based on argument? Or: overriding UC Catalog for certain TIDs?

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Thu Mar 4 08:28:31 UTC 2010

Hello

The UC catalog module provides a display of categories and subcategories,
and ultimately a list of nodes.

I need to change the way it displays lists of nodes for certain catalog
categories (taxonomy terms), but otherwise it should use the default.  In
other words, if the path is:

catalog/1
catalog/2

Do whatever it would normally do.  However if it's

catalog/25
catalog/30
catalog/31
catalog/37
catalog/38

I want a view to take over.

Sadly, UC does all of this in code, with no actual "catalog" view--it's in
the UC Catalog module.

Is there some way to get this behavior?  You know, without setting up a
view page for each tid where I want this?

As an alternative, all of the products in the special-handling-desired
tids, will be of a specific type.  If there was a way for the view to
detect the type of nodes which would be displayed, and invoke only if a
certain type is matched, but otherwise allow non-view behavior, that would
be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Luke