[support] Auto increment CCK vid and/or nid?

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Wed Mar 17 22:36:59 UTC 2010

I've been getting a bunch of duplicate entry errors on a site, something
like this:

user warning: Duplicate entry '81-0' for key 1 query: INSERT INTO
content_field_testimonial (vid, nid, delta, field_testimonial_value,
field_testimonial_format) VALUES (81, 81, 0, '<p><em> ...trimmed...
/sites/all/modules/cck/content.module<http://judylarkins.com/html/sites/all/modules/cck/content.module>on
line 1213.

Some searching suggests auto-incrememnt is not set, and in fact none of the
fields in the content_field_testimonial are auto-incrementing.  However,
before I arbitrarily assign auto-increment to any of the fields, I thought
I'd ask which if any should be auto-incrementing:  vid, nid, delta,
field_ccktype_value, field_ccktype_format.

Thanks,
Brian