[support] Drupal 6 Intermittent posting error

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:03:45 UTC 2010

I'm running into a bizaare intermittent issue with Drupal 6.  Sometimes
forms just fail to submit, and the page reloads with no error messages
of anykind.  It's almost like someone hit refresh, only all the form
data is reset, etc.  Basically if you resubmit the same data again a
second time it works.  Needless to say if you're typing in a new piece
of content or a long comment and this happens its quite frustrating.

The behaviour happens on a variety of different forms.  It might happen
when submitting a form for configuration changes, or it might happen
when I am adding or editing a new piece of content.

I can't establish any reall pattern to guarantee reproducing this, and
I've tried to find errors in my apache error logs (they're empty via the
CPanel interface I have through my hosting provider, which I find
suspect).  In this hosting provider I've got max memory set to 128M.

Any ideas as to where this problem might lie?  Anyone experiencing
anything similar?

Dave