[support] Nav Highlight Problem

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu May 6 14:25:24 UTC 2010

I have a site with a primary nav across the top and secondary on the
left sidebar. When you browse to the About Us page via the top nav,
then of course that item is highlighted with CSS class "active."

But if you then browse to one of the items in the subnav there, like
Our History, the About Us on top is no longer active. Now this left
hand secondary nav bar is actually a block made by the Tree Menus
module.

Now they want of course the About Us to be active for all the subnav
items, and the same idea for all the different pages, meaning the
subnav items of "Our Programs" should all load with "Our Programs"
active in the top nav. In the primary nav, Our History has About Us as
its parent--of course they're all like that.

So really the question is I think: How can I tell the primary nav to
make "active" the parent of the menu item from the Tree Menu block on
the left?

Thanks