[support] Web Design pattern

Dipen dipench at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:37:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

 What u are asking often boils down to deployment strategies for all the
instances you might have for your project, there are many solutions around
that as you said drupal stores configurations in the database rather than
setting files and usually moving one feature across instances require
database updates.

Some of the solutions are:

1> Features module - drupal.org/project/features --
http://www.drupaldojo.com/session/distributed-feature-servers  Most recent
video on features and then u can search for lot of other documentation
present.

2> Deploy module - drupal.org/project/deploy -- I haven't tried this tough.

3> Demo module - http://drupal.org/project/demo

4> Custom deployment scripts like using migraine --
http://www.archive.org/details/migraine_dcamp_pune_09  this was discussed in
drupalcamp pune

I hope I got your question right and would be interested to hear what others
use.

Thanks
Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies (
www.qed42.com )
Blog: dipenchaudhary.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dipench