[support] trying to get the attachments div to be permanentlyopen

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Sun May 23 21:42:26 UTC 2010

I've continued to dig into altering forms and I'm getting somewhere, just need a few tips from those who have already done it before

I now have the following in my theme's template.php

// Open the file attachments collapsible block in a full state
function phptemplate_node_form($form) {
$form['attachments']['#collapsed'] = FALSE;
$form['buttons']['#weight'] = 100;
return drupal_render($form);
}

and the submit/preview buttons have returned to where they are supposed to be at the bottom of the page. Two questions:

1. how can I make this only effect "report" node types. I tried "function phptemplate_report_node_form" and got a parse error.
2. why did I need to add the line about buttons? why did adding the single line to open the attachments form then seemingly reset the weight of the buttons? I'm using zen theme by the way.