[support] views' block or custom block ?

Amit Vyas vyasamit2007 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 14:28:27 UTC 2010

In a performance context, custom module block will be the best solution as
per my understanding. Because you are not storing your block code in the
database in that case. It is always good not to store code in the database
so if you are creating a view [which is easy to implement but not
recommended for performance point of view] then it will store the code in
the database.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Michel Morelli <michel at ziobuddalabs.it>wrote:

> Hi all, I have a big site on a not so good server machine.
>
> Now I need to create (and display) a block with the last entry of a
> particular node type (call it "foo").
>
> I can do this in 2 ways:
> - views (with template files)
> - custom module with costum block section
>
> In a performance context which is the best solution ?
> I use views in the site so this will not be the only view, and I use
> other custom modules so the block section will be part of one of them.
>
> Tnx.
>
> M.
>
> --
> Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobuddalabs.it
> Sviluppo applicazioni CMS DRUPAL e web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
> Telefono: 0200619074
> Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660
>
> http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
> http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
> http://www.ziodrupal.net                        MSN:
> michel at ziobuddalabs.it