[support] transparent upload from client to server

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Tue Nov 2 18:06:10 UTC 2010

Not enough information here. Where does your flash application live? Is
it on another server than Drupal? On the desktop? Or on the same server?
Is it being served from within Drupal? or is it a separate application?
How do you want the file uploaded? Does it need to be attached to a
node, or otherwise processed using the drupal api? Or does it simply
need to get dumped into a server directory?

In general, your best option for interfacing a flash application with
the drupal api is via a webservice (xmlrpc, soap). You can have your
flash application authenticate to the drupal webservice and have it
access exposed methods to upload your file. If you need to create a node
with the file attached, you could pull that off, too.

Depending on what you want to do, you may need to write a module or
extend an existing one to implement the necessary services hooks.