[support] complex checkbox / radio combo

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Sun Nov 7 01:09:12 UTC 2010

Hi, I've been asked if I can accomplish the following for a create
content form where the content-type is CCK generated.

Age group:

1.  4-5
2.  6-7
3.  8-9
4.  10-12
5.  13+
6.  All ages
7.  Skill based  ____________________________________________

with the lines before the ages being a checkbox, and the ability to
check multiple boxes.  After "Skill based" we need a box to write in
the skills.  Is it possible to be able to check multiple boxes on the
first 5, but if you check all ages or skill based you can only check one?

I'm thinking that at least conceptually if I could make 1.-5. into a
checkbox group, and then have that checkbox group be in aggregate a
radio button (if that even makes sense) with 6. & 7. also being radio
buttons 2 & 3, and then the test field for skill based would
magically become required iff #7 was selected.

Anyone know of any examples of something like this being done? How
would it be approached? Can it work with CCK? Alternatively I wonder
how to get close to what they want. I mean from a functional pov this
makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Marty

--
Open first 10 Google results in 10 new tabs
https://addons.mozilla.org/af/firefox/addon/181910/