[support] repost: recurring problem with "home"

James R Stone fndtn357 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:36:46 UTC 2010

I tried your suggestion(Carl Wiedemann <carl.wiedemann at gmail.com>) and have
a very interesting update to the issue.

I deleted all of the aliases through the Drupal interface at Site building >
User aliases > Delete all aliases.  One at a time I started the rebuilding
process, I have Automatic alias in the URL Path settings section of Edit
unchecked, so I was able to create the aliases I wanted for each page.

The same problem is occurring with one interesting twist. First of all, when
selecting the Home tab on the Primary menu - you are directed to the Home
(node/33) page but the Criminal/Traffic <node/81) page is highlighted.  When
I select a section below the Home page, no tabs are highlighted.

So in one way I am back at square one.

Is there something missing in this section of css that controls this
functionality?  The two sections with #primary-menu ul.menu li.active- are
the ones that shut off the functionality of highlighting completely.

#primary-menu ul.menu li.active,

#primary-menu ul.menu li:hover,

#primary-menu ul.menu li.hover,

#primary-menu ul.menu li:focus,

#primary-menu ul.menu li.hover {

  background: #ad462b;

}

> #primary-menu ul.menu li.active a,

#primary-menu ul.menu li:hover a,

#primary-menu ul.menu li.hover a,

#primary-menu ul.menu li:focus a,

#primary-menu ul.menu li.hover a {

  background: #ad462b;

  color: #fff;

}

> #primary-menu ul.menu li.active-trail {

  background: #ad462b;

  color: #fff;

}

> #primary-menu ul.menu li.active-trail a {

  background: #ad462b;

  color: #fff;

}

Thank you for all the help so far.
--
Best Regards,
James R Stone
fndtn357 at gmail.com

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."