[support] CCK title field set width?

Broyhill, Gary Gary.Broyhill at lr.edu
Thu Nov 18 15:26:56 UTC 2010

Thanks for the info Neil. This is the first time I've run into this issue so, I apparently have some fun ahead of me :)

Gary

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:30:05 -0300
From: Neil Coghlan <neil at esl-lounge.com>
Subject: Re: [support] CCK title field set width?
To: support at drupal.org

you want to look into making your own mini-module and use form_alter to
adjust the width of the text field

once you've got the correct form, you need something like this:

     $form['title']['#size'] = 55;

or whatever size you want.

here is what you'd need for the blog create form - changes title field
size and alters its label too.

function mymodule_form_alter(&$form, $form_state, $form_id) {
if($form_id == blog_node_form) {
# alters blog node create form. Changes 'Title' to 'Title of blog post'
and alters size of title text box.
     $form['title']['#title'] = t('Title of blog post');
     $form['title']['#size'] = 55;
   }
}

Remember to change "mymodule" to your actual module title and make .info
file too.