[support] Understanding how a theme 'works'

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 24 03:28:12 UTC 2010

I don't know if anyone can help me but I am in a big problem
understanding how a theme works in Drupal6.19

I'm using Marinelli - Giordani to create a site www.drupal.eckankar.org.au.

It's roughly ok but has problems I do not understand.

The member's login is way off the bottom of the content wrapper.
I found the <div class that handles it but cannot successfully
reposition the components.

I need the quote slide show to appear top right corner of the page, nit
in the content, but if I use the blocks to relocate it it disappears.

Also the designers have put a wide variety of .contentblocks to be all
things to all people however it prohibits me from relocating some of the
menu components which are in the .rsidebar and .lsidebar

Basically I need all the output to appear in the .wrapper. if you go to
the site and click on an underlined date in the calendar you can see
what I mean.

Another nagging issue is that in on Apple Mac the whole page is wrecked,
it does not zoom. The logo goes up and  left.
It is position:relative to #page which does not alter in position or
dimension.

I do not know if I'm even explaining the problem right, it's very
confusing as there seems to be overrides from the system and the
Marinelli theme systems that I cannot find using Firebug.

thanks in advance
Roger