[support] Question re using Taxonomy

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 24 18:47:45 UTC 2010

Sorry for the multiple questions. As a newbie, I'm trying to get
perspective on how to approach several goals.

I want to set up my content so I can select from different categories,
that I set up in the taxonomy. BTW, I love that feature. I'd like to
get a short list (like the blogs listing) of all sites that fit a
particular keyword, and have a way of clicking to read the entire
story, blog, or page. I haven't experimented with Views yet, but
wonder if that module can give me what I want.

Comment re Drupal and my Newbie experience: I've found that overview
material is very hard to get for Drupal. I've got Drupal for Dummies
and Pro Drupal Development. They are very good on what they cover. On
the Drupal and RocketTheme sites, I find that there is very sketchy
"how to" tutorials, with stuff missing that you have to find in the
FAQ. Then, there are the very detailed developer oriented
explanations. The intermediate level docs, that may say something
like: "What this module does is..... take images from xyz folder, puts
them into xxxx, and this process is controlled in .... css or php
file."  That way somebody who knows a bit of code and css can more
easily get into the system. I've wasted literally weeks fiddling with
every module and it is frustrating.

Thanks for you help,
Bill

William A. Prothero